Tuomotus

Tuomotus

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Modifications made to a 2007 Phaeton

Our coach of choice is a 2007 Phaeton.  The price was reasonable, the miles low and wow did I love the maple cabinets.  We did decide to do a few modifications to make it more "ours".  We recarpeted the entire coach, removed the furniture and replaced the living area with two Euro Recliners and ottomans.  We traded the small dining chairs with full size dining chairs that surprisingly matched the valances.  
 New larger TV with Sound Bar for those great action movies.
 The mirrored wardrobe doors were removed and two cedar lined closets were created with additional drawers in the middle.  A ceiling fan and a new sleepnumber bed was added.  

A new cabinet was installed in the toilet area.

In addition to the cosmetic modifications, we have added solar panels to the roof, upgraded the satellite system and added a basement freezer on a sliding base.  We are looking at a cell phone booster & tire monitoring system.  Next and right before we hit the road are new tires.  It takes a awhile to get all this stuff done and I'm sure we'll make more changes once we are in there full time and traveling down the road.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by Two to Travel's Journey and leaving a comment. Good luck with preparations as you countdown ... I'll be following along for sure.

    Love the closet mod ... we've been talking about improving the useability of the closet and have been discussing options for removing the sliding mirror doors. Did you get your mod done locally?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we had it completed here in Las Vegas. If you're coming this way, I can give you his phone number. We call him Motorhome Dave. He did a fabulous job!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Cheryl ... won't be making it west next year (I hope) ... but I will definitely keep this in mind for later. We have a King bed ... not sure how that might impact the space for opening the doors ... need to take some measurements ... which I seem to be doing a lot of this year :-).

      Delete
  2. Hi Cheryl,
    Thanks for stopping by. Nice to meet you. Your closet mod is just gorgeous, but alas, I do believe our king bed is too big for standard doors. I hate those mirrored sliders but will live with them since we're not fulltimers and never will be.

    Would LOVE to have a basement freezer tho'... what did you end up installing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the closet door modification. I'm not fond of the mirrored doors either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MBZ, TZ and Duke-The basement freezer is a Dometic. I think it will be large enough for veggies and such for our Alaska Trip next summer. We ordered it online and it was shipped right to the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The modifications look great! You asked a question on my blog Cheryl, but I could not find your email address. Here is my answer: I don't think so, Cheryl. The late bus was basically just a fluke and probably wouldn't happen again and the Cultural Center was a great taste of Polynesia that doesn't happen in a big city like Honolulu. I probably won't cruise Hawaii again, and will instead fly over there and spend quality time at a single island, but the cruise is a wonderful way to have a great cruising experience with the added benefit of the islands. I think October is a better time to go, hopefully you weather will be a bit warmer.

    Could you please reply to this email? The address bar says no reply so I am unsure if you will get this message.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info Sue. And thanks for the comment on the modifications. I'm new to blogging and am counting down the days to retirement. Sounds like you had a marvelous cruise. The Hawaiian Islands are such a great destination, I can't wait.

      Delete